It’s that time of year again . . . GIVE LOCAL PIEDMONT 2018!
May 1, 2018 is a National Day of ONLINE Giving to non profits. PDRC is part of Give Local Piedmont sponsored by the Northern Piedmont Community Foundation. You have 24 hours on 5/1/18 to make a minimum $10 TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to PDRC! We need your help so we can continue to provide mediation and dispute resolution and restorative justice services to our communities. We also offer conflict resolution training. THE LIFE OF PDRC MATTERS! HELP US HELP YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS!
1. Go to http://www.GiveLocalPiedmont.org
2. Click on “Find Organizations” on right side. Enter Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center
3. Make a minimum $10 tax deductible donation.
4. You’re done! Thank you!
Among the many great things we do is to provide mediation services at NO CHARGE. 75% of the people we serve fall below the federal poverty guidelines. With our assistance they can reach their own decisions on custody, visitation, and child support. We also mediate for general district courts for landlord/tenant, warrants in debt among other things and Restorative Justice services. We’re awesome and we need your support! Spread the word and tell your friends! THANKS All!!!
To make conflict resolution services affordable, the Center relies on the community for financial and volunteer support. Your tax-deductible contribution and/or volunteer work will help us achieve our goals of providing affordable mediation services and training to the Piedmont and surrounding areas. Here are ways you can contribute:
1. If you work for the Commonwealth of Virginia and you would like to donate to PDRC, please designate number 4513 on your CVC pledge form.
2. You can donate NOW via PayPal.
3. You can also send a tax-deductible check directly to our mailing address: PDRC, PO Box 809, Warrenton, VA 20188.
4. PDRC is also a proud participant of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP). You or your business can help PDRC with a donation and receive a STATE TAX CREDIT. Click here for more details.
5. Designate PDRC as your organization of choice when you make purchases through AmazonSmile which is a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the eligible charitable organization of your choice.
6. You can purchase these custom-designed, all occasion “Peace by Piece” Notecards we have for sale that were designed by elementary school students in Fauquier County, Virginia. They are truly unique and beautiful!
7. You can volunteer at PDRC: Volunteers are essential to the work of a community nonprofit like the Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center. Whatever your interests or skills, we would love to find a place for you at the Center. From helping out in the office to being a Mediator or Restorative Justice facilitator for us, we would appreciate your involvement and input. Just call us at 540-347-6650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Mediators who work on court-referred cases for the Center must be certified by the Supreme Court of Virginia. For more information about Mediator certification and training or if you are interested in mediating with PDRC please contact us at 540-347-6650. We greatly appreciate your talents. Thank you so much for considering donating your time and energy to us!
8. Community Peacebuilding License Plate
Thanks to all of our supporters, the Community Peacebuilding license plate has hit the road! The “Peace Plate” will promote community peacebuilding and help to support the Community Conflict Resolution Centers across the Commonwealth of Virginia. Member organizations of the Virginia Association for Community Conflict Resolution (VACCR) will receive fifteen dollars of the $25.00 plate fee after the sale of 1,000 plates. Thanks for all of your support and patience! This has been a lengthy but rewarding process!
You can purchase the plate by visiting the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles website or visiting your local office.
For information on any of the above services please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 540-347-6650.